As we prepare for Halloween next week, please keep these security tips from the Crime Watch Committee in mind:
- Keep car doors locked and hide belongings! 100+ non-residents will see what you keep in your car if it’s parked in the driveway.
- Do not park at The Clubhouse at Fall Creek or pool parking lot on Halloween. These are less supervised areas. In previous years, cars parked side-by-side in Fall Creek have had their hoods either run across (jumping from hood to hood) or have had this “prank” performed:
- “Put’em In A Coffin” (falling on hood) prank:
- Drivers are looking at costumes, crowds, etc., not necessarily at the road.
- Kids – CAUTION! Keep a safe distance from moving cars.
- Driveway lighting: LIGHT THEM UP EVERY NIGHT! Dark driveways are a target.
- Even if you normally park in the street or have guests over, park everyone in your driveway.
- Set a table up on the sidewalk with your neighbors, if you don’t want 100+ non-residents seeing inside your house.
- Trim your hedges to expose your house number so deputies or emergency vehicles can find you more quickly. Precious seconds/minutes could make a big difference!
Stay tuned for additional security tips each month.