The landscape committee is compromised of volunteer residents. The current chair is Carol Deeb. We are always looking for new volunteers, and you don’t have to know about plants, irrigation, and gardens to be helpful.
The Landscape Committee is tasked with the choice of seasonal plants in the annual beds throughout the neighborhood, beautifying and improving our neighborhood and responding to resident concerns, ideas and opinions. There are often many projects happening at once so please check out our meeting minutes the most up to date information.
When & Where
How can I get involved or get in touch with the committee?
Please feel free to come to a meeting (no RSVP required) or email the committee at [email protected].
If you are interested in obtaining Landscape Committee meeting minutes, please email [email protected].
Kindly note that the landscape committee is not responsible for enforcing HOA rules and guidelines pertaining to resident maintained landscapes and property conditions. If you have questions regarding modifications to your lot’s landscaping or property, please reference the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions and the Residential Urban Design Guidelines.
Need to know more about watering your yard? Here’s a link with great information:
Rules & Guidelines
Fall Creek Yard of the Season
The Fall Creek Yard of the Season/Holidays competition has been established to promote goodwill and reward exemplary yard care in our community. The purpose of the program is to recognize Fall Creek residents who demonstrate above-average efforts of maintaining their property, thereby contributing to the overall appearance of the community at large. In turn, as the overall appearance of our community is improved, it ultimately benefits each property owner in Fall Creek.
All award recipients receive an official Fall Creek “Yard of the Season” lawn sign, which is to be placed on their property for the duration of the award period. If the recipients sign becomes lost or damaged, they should make the Fall Creek Landscape Committee aware as soon as possible. Positioning of the sign should be prominent in the yard and should be located midway between the street and the front of the house.
The Fall Creek Landscape Committee oversees and organizes the “Yard of the Season” award selections and encourages all neighbors to join the efforts in keeping their yards and homes beautiful.
- All current Fall Creek neighborhood properties are automatically eligible by default.
- Yards must remain in a well maintained state for the duration of the award period. Winning yards and homes must not be in violation of any Fall Creek HOA covenants or regulations. Any winning yards that are seen to have declined drastically in appearance become potentially eligible for disqualification and loss of the sign.
- During the Yard of the Season Judges meeting, each volunteer judge will participate in a random drawing for the village to judge for the current contest.
- Winners will be notified either in person or with a door flyer.
- Winning homes must keep the sign in a prominent place of the yard located midway between the street and the front of the house.
Yard of the Season Contest Guidelines Update
The Yard of the Season contest has been reduced to three contests per year: Summertime, Halloween Spooktacular, and Winter Wonderland.
To allow more Fall Creek homeowners to experience the joy of winning a Yard of the Season contest, the rules for winning have changed. Starting with the 2018 Summertime contest, all Fall Creek residents may participate, but any homeowner who was a prior winner for any of the past contests in 2017, will be exempt from winning any of the three Yard of the Season contests for the current year (2018), but will be eligible to win in 2019. Also, beginning in 2018, a homeowner can only win one Yard of the Season contest per year.
In summary, while any homeowner can participate in any of the Yard of the Season contests, a homeowner who won in a prior calendar year is exempt from winning in the current calendar year, but will be eligible to win in the following calendar year. A homeowner may only win one contest per calendar year, exempting him or her from winning the following calendar year.
Award winners are selected based on the judging criteria listed below
- Award recipients must reside full-time in the Fall Creek community.
- Key criteria includes but is not limited to manicured yard beautification, originality, and creativity.
- It is preferred that a majority of the upkeep of the yard is reflected by the efforts of the residents themselves; however, it may also be by a professional landscaper.
- In the event a winning home is sold while holding the award, the resident must. upon moving, relinquish the sign and return it to The Clubhouse at Fall Creek.
Yard of the Season will be awarded for the seasons:
- Winter Wonderland (December)
- Fall-Halloween Spooktackular (October 15th)
- Summertime (May – June)
Judging and selections are anticipated to take place during the second or third week at the beginning of that season time.
Areas judges may consider
- Overall curb appeal of the property and yard as viewed from the street
- Healthy green grass with no bare spots or weeds
- Neatly mowed lawns
- Trees appropriately pruned
- Edging along sidewalks, street curbs, flowerbeds, home foundations, trees, and fences
- Dead flowers and dead plants removed
- All plantings must be living, no plastic, silk, or artificial plants
- Painted fencing
- Beds and tree rings neatly mulched with no weeds
- Neatly trimmed hedges and shrubs
- Neat and clean street curb with no grass going along street curb or glass grass clippings in the street
- Yard free of debris and clutter
Winners will be eligible for
- A certificate of recognition detailing the winning home for the season
- Official Fall Creek sign placed in the front yard for the duration of the season