Crime Watch Committee
The Fall Creek Crime Watch Committee (CWC) consists of Block Captain Representatives – preferably one from each of the 26 sections (or villages) within the Fall Creek community.
The 2019 CWC Board is as follows:
- Chairman – James Cowthran, Estates of Tangle Creek
- Vice Chairman – Mark Hoesel, Piney Point
- Secretary – Jabari McPherson, Autumn Falls
- HCSO/Safety Coordinator – Karma Punwasi, Deer Creek
- Parliamentarian – Bill Henderson, Water Crest
The purpose of the Fall Creek CWC is to protect our neighborhood by:
- Educating neighbors on available crime prevention strategies
- Encouraging neighbors to identify and report suspicious activity
- Promoting social interaction to foster strength and awareness within our community
- Collaborating with the Harris County Sheriff’s Department to accomplish objectives
When & Where
The CWC meets monthly (typically the 3rd Tuesday) at the Fall Creek Clubhouse. Meeting dates/times & topics are regularly announced via the Nextdoor Events calendar.
Meetings are used to review of any past incidents, discuss preventative crime, and safety measures to be implemented and liaise with our HCSO Representative.
How can I get involved or learn more?
Become a Block Captain
The primary responsibility of the Block Captain is to represent their village at CWC meetings and disseminate any relevant crime and safety information back to their village. Secondary responsibilities include coordinating efforts for the annual Spring Block Party event in their village.
Overall, volunteering as a Block Captain requires minimal time and effort, but it is an important role in contributing to the safety of Fall Creek.
Be a Block Watcher
If you’re unable to attend a meeting or commit to the Block Captain role, you can still be involved!
All residents are considered Block Watchers – as you’re the eyes and ears of our community.
Block Captains are made aware of security issues by talking with residents and checking social media (Facebook & Nextdoor) – it’s important to share your ideas, concerns, and personal experiences with your Block Captain so they can work with the CWC to create a neighborhood-wide solution.
General Fall Creek Safety Tips
- Save the Harris County Sheriff’s Office Non-Emergency Phone Number to report any suspicious activity as it’s happening: (713) 221-6000 – Option 6
- Utilize HCSO’s Vacation Watch Program when away for an extended time. Call 346-286-1700 for service.
- Join Nextdoor – it is a great resource to help you stay informed regarding Crime & Safety within Fall Creek. You can sign-up for specific neighborhoods & also join groups specific to your interests and/or Fall Creek village. This is primarily where the CWC & Block Captains distribute information. (At a minimum, consider activating “Urgent Alerts” to receive an immediate text in the event there is a major incident within Fall Creek.
If you would like to participate in the CWC or simply learn more about the Crime Watch Committee, please email
Current Block Captains
|Autumn Falls||Jabari McPherson|
|Deer Creek||Karma Punwasi|
|Estates of Tangle Creek||James Cowthran|
|Fairway Crossing||Sam Bradford|
|Hunters Crossing||Herice Acosta|
|Maple Creek||Vicki Sitton|
|Oak Hollow||Henry Carnaby|
|Pine Grove||Erin Givens|
|Piney Point||Mark Hoesel|
|Rose Creek||Dan Bailey|
|Serrano Creek||Melanie Flores|
|Water Crest||Bill & Jackie Henderson|